Some changes at my sister’s orangery

Some of you will remember some pictures from the orangery at my sister’s home, that I posted some time ago.

My sister wanted to go for a change in the orangery, because she was not so happy with the table you can see in the first pictures here.

So she asked me to look out for an antique table. Last year, when we were driving to the South of France, we made a stop in the charming town of antiques, Isle-sur-la-Sorgue. And …there she was,… the table I had in mind !! I took some pictures with my cell phone and sent them immediately to my sister. She loved the table! A few days later the table was delivered in Belgium.

The first 5 pictures are taken a while ago. You will notice the oak table my sister wanted to replace by an antique piece of furniture.

15

image LEFEVRE INTERIORS

13

image LEFEVRE INTERIORS

2

image LEFEVRE INTERIORS

14

image LEFEVRE INTERIORS

3

image LEFEVRE INTERIORS

The bleeched oak table is moved into the garden now..

16

… and is beautifully weathered.

And this is the antique table I found last year at an antiques dealer in Isle-sur-la-Sorgue.

4

The table has a teak top and a painted support. Isn’t it a gorgeous one?

Ok, we brought in that table and we both, my sister and I, realized that we also had to replace the chairs! So we did.

1

My sister has chosen for the French os-de-mouton chairs. They really are better to use here, because the legs of the former chairs were too fragile everytime you moved the chair on the brick floor.

The pictures on below I took last Sunday.

Please, forgive me the quality of my cell phone pictures!!

5

6

7

8Because of the bad quality of the pictures, you are not able to see the real color of the upholstery fabric of the chairs.

The fabric is of a celadon colour and matches that well with the colour of the antique cabinet.

11

I couldn’t resist to post this picture of the beautiful French console at the orangery.

12

Do you love the changes we made at my sister’s orangery? I am sure my sister will love to read your comments!!

xx

Signature

All images : Lefèvre Interiors

You have read this article Belgian interiors / Boiserie / Lambrisering / Lefèvre Interiors / Orangery / Wood paneling with the title Some changes at my sister’s orangery. You can bookmark this page URL http://carteirodopoente.blogspot.com/2010/07/some-changes-at-my-sisters-orangery.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Some changes at my sister’s orangery"

Post a Comment