The all-round use of the French Louis chairs

This week I was browsing through my files, searching for the right dining chair for one of my clients. I always catch myself being attracted by the French Louis XV and Louis XVI chairs and armchairs. It are all-round chairs! You can use them at your dining table or kitchen table or you can mix them together with other seats in your living room. They are wonderful as decorative item in the entry hall or in your bedroom or bathroom… So let’s find out on the basis of some of the images I collected.

I am so sorry that of some of the images I really don’t know the source anymore!

8

Louis XV armchairs upholstered with Belgian linen. Isn’t that beautiful?

6

Louis XVI dining chairs covered with Belgian linen.

11

Caned Louis XV chairs at this dining table.

18 Garnier image source : www.garnier.be

I do love the diamond patterned fabric for the back of these armchairs. In the 18th century it was a custom to upholster the back of the chair in a diamond patterned fabric (for economic reasons I was told!).

I often use the Brunschwig & Fils fabric, “La Seyne Check”, for the back of a chair. It is available in different colors.

BF1

BF3

BF2

12 Axel Vervoordtimage source : www.axel-vervoordt.com

Axel Vervoordt used these ‘caned back-upholstered seat’ Louis XV chairs in his dining room in the castle of ‘s Gravenwezel.

1

22 Ralph Lauren image source : Ralp Lauren Home

So as you can see, even the well-known designers love to use the French chairs.

Ralph Lauren even used them in his new restaurant “Ralph’s in Paris!

Mariages, weddings photography Ralph’s Paris

Velvet upholstery!

23 Ralph LaurenRalph’s Paris

Leather upholstery!

25

Even mixing different types of Louis chairs is great! Very charming to me!

24

Are you agree with me that most of the French Louis chairs are very appropriate to use them for you romantic dinner for two?

30 Erika Brunson via 1stdibsimage source : Erika Brunson via www.1stdibs.com

Skirted Louis chairs by Erika Brunson.

And now we are going to see how the chairs will match your seating area.

Even your dog will like them!

7

9 image source : Didier Abbeloos

15

I just love the mix of the linen slipcovered seat with the linen upholstered Louis chair here in the living room of our fashion designer Edouard Vermeulen.

Kitchens.

13

In my kitchen I chose for 19th century French Louis XV chairs, upholstered with burlap, around the table and at the corner you can see a new Louis XV armchair of the Belgian company Massant, in a Lelièvre fabric.

Placed at the entry hall, the chairs can be a beautiful decorative item!

10

2

27 Lars Bolander

A beautiful Louis XVI armchair at the entry hall of Lars Bolander’s house.

31

My entry hall.

A Louis chair even in your bedroom! Why not?

21 image source : http://braquenie.fr/En/Decors/Decors.htm

Beautiful upholstered armchair in a Braquenie damas “La Dauphin”. Château de Montgeoffroy

14

29

3

Very romantic in a girl’s room.

At your writing desk.

26image source : Côte de Texas blog

17 Garnierimage source : www.garnier.be

This Louis chair is adapted as a barstool!

4

And at least the Louis chair in your bathroom.

28

5

So ladies, if maybe you ever discover one or more French Louis chairs at your mother’s or grandmother’s attic, don’t throw them away!!! You know now that there are a lot of places in your home where you can bring them in!

If you are interested in beautiful high-quality new-made French chairs, please visit the website of our Belgian company MASSANT.

They make the most wonderful French styled chairs! Click on Massant logo.

You will find your nearest dealer. Lars Bolander is one of the dealers for the US.

Massant

___

There is also something else that I want to share with you today!

My lovely and good blogfriend Monika of the blog Splendid Willow, posted an interview she did with one of my favorite designers

LARS BOLANDER .

Monika is a native of Sweden, living in Seattle as Lars Bolander is Swedish and living in Florida. So you can be sure that those two understand each other very well.

You really have to read it! You will enjoy!

Click on Splendid Willow logo to read the interview.

Splendidwillow

Lars-Bolander-e1289883282898 image Splendid Willow

lars_cover image Splendid Willow

I hope you enjoyed my post of today.

I wish you all a wonderful rest of the week my friends!

Signature

You have read this article Belgian Design / French chairs with the title The all-round use of the French Louis chairs. You can bookmark this page URL http://carteirodopoente.blogspot.com/2010/11/the-all-round-use-of-french-louis-chairs.html. Thanks!

No comment for "The all-round use of the French Louis chairs"

Post a Comment